MFTWSC73 Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge


This is my second posting for the day.  Wow, I am on a roll and feelin crafty!  This card was created for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club.  Below is the sketch created by MFT that I needed to follow for the challenge.


For this card I used a paper line that is new to me.  It is "Pretty Party" by Crate Paper.  I have been dying to get my hands on this paper line, and I finally bought the 6x6 paper pad from RibbonCarousel.  I used my beautiful and may I mention first stamp set from There She Goes called Poppies illustrated by Chris Dark.  I highly recommend this site for stamps.  Not only are they beautiful and incredibly creative, but the images stamp out perfectly crisp. 



I watercolored the image using Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I felt there were enough flowers in the card with the stamped image and the background paper, so I made 3D butterflies instead for my embellishments.  They were so simple to make .  I just stamped the butterfly image on to colored cardstock, free hand cut them out and bent the wings upwards to make them pop off the card.  I then used Stickles glitter in Waterfall, Orange Peel, and Tropical Tangerine to accent the butterflies and the image. 



I finished the inside of the card with space for a hand written message with the same materials as the outside. 



I have to say this was was one of my favorite cards to make thus far.  I think it was a combination of the paper that I love so much and the beautiful stamp set.  I am a sucker for anything girlie and flowery!  I hope you enjoy this card.  Please come back and visit for future postings!

No comments: