MFTWSC157

Hi everyone!  I hope your holidays were joyous and Happy New Yea to you all!  I had the day off today, so I got to start 2014 off with a day in my craft room.  I decided to get a jump start on my Valentine's Day cards and join in on the Weekly sketch challenge over at MFT.  I am also entering this in the Wednesday challenge over at SSS.  The theme is Something New, and with this card I tried a new product that I have never used before.  Inka Gold by Viva Décor.  I love how you can use these mixed media products for cards as well.


The paper I used was "Fourteen" by Crate Paper.  I got this last year and never had a chance to use it until now.  I created a background panel for my card with the Inka-Gold in "Old Silver".  I rubbed this over the Moroccan Tiles stencil from MFT.  The stamp set is from the Lovey Dovey Sentiments.  The flower was created using gold opalescent velum (Thanks AmyR for the inspiration!) and the Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-Namic.  The leaves were made with the Royal Leaves Die-Namics.  I accented the middle of the flower and the middle of the sentiment with a pearl that I colored green with one of my Copic Markers.  I hope you enjoy my card.  I had so much fun making it and playing with my new mixed media product.

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Amber! Love the textured gold background and gorgeous blossom! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous card, Amber! I love the shine it has, and that darling layered yellow flower.

I'd like to invite you to stop by Word Art Wednesday to play along in our challenges. We have weekly challenges with AWESOME prizes each week, and our theme is always a family-friendly Anything Goes. I would be delighted to have you share with us!

Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card!! Such a lovely design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa