Shimmer and Sparkle Challenge

Hi there crafty peeps!  It's that time for a new challenge over at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog.
 
The theme for Challenge #131 is Shimmer and Sparkle.
Create a card, layout, multi media piece, tag, ATC, hair bow, you name it. Just be sure to follow the theme above and use ribbon, lace or trim somewhere on your project.

 

My card was created with a winter shimmer and sparkle theme in mind.  I used a hoarded stamp set from My Favorite Things.  I heat embossed the trees onto white cardstock with white embossing powder.  I then inked the background with Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, and Broken China Distress Inks.  I hand cut out a snowy hill and adhered it at the base of the trees.  I stamped the sentiment on the snowy hill in black ink.  I popped the finished scene onto a white card base with foam tape.  I then wrapped Royal Blue Diamond Satin and Silver Metallic Grosgrain ribbons around the card.  I created a bow with the same Royal Blue Diamond Satin ribbon.  Finally I added some clear sparkling glitter to the snowy hill and winter sky to mimic snow.

Now, let's see your Shimmer and Sparkle creations! 
We will be selecting our top three favorite projects to feature, so stop back on December 18th to see our picks along with our next challenge theme. 

Here's what you need to do:
* Create a new project using the posted theme. A layout, card, ATC, home decor item, hair bow, or anything you can think of provided it fits the weekly theme.
* You may enter up to 6 projects, but you're asked to provide newly designed projects. No back-linking please.
* All projects must also include some sort of ribbon, lace or trim.
* A maximum of 6 entries per person per challenge please.
* You have until December 16th at 11:59 PM Eastern time to enter your projects. Thanks so much for playing and good luck.

3 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

Love the dark blue ribbon with the silver. Just gorgeous card with the beautiful embossed trees. Nancy Hill RRR

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Amber, this is such a gorgeous make! You used so many wonderful techniques in creating this wonderful wintry night scene, and I love the results! You stamp like a champ! Hugs!

Glenda said...

I think this is just a gorgeous creation! I love the blue background with those white trees...stunning!