Scent-sational Birthday!

Hi Everyone!  I am SUPER excited to be posting this card today.  I created this card for the TSG164 sewing and stitching challenge this week.  This is the first card/project that I have done using my sewing machine, and I have to say I think it turned out rather well for my first time.  I am using the SSSC162 sketch for this card.  The adorable stamp set is from TSG, and it is called "Scent-sational".  I am so excited to say I won this stamp set from their July Blog Hop Challenge!  I was beyond excited when I saw my name listed as the winner at the end of the release party. 


I stamped and masked each image to create a layered scene, and then cut them out with a spellbinders die.  All of the images were colored using my Spectrum Noir Markers.  I will list the colors at the bottom of this post.  The paper line is "Loyal" by Authentique.  The border was created using the MFT Jumbo Squiggle Die-namics.  The rose is made from cream felt, and was cut using the Large Rolled Rose Die-namics.  I placed a fabric florist leaf behind the rose for a realistic effect.  Of course, I finished the card off with a little Stickles bling on  birthday packages and the skunks ears.  I also added a little diamond glaze to his eyes to make them sparkle.


The inside was finished using all of the same materials.  I really hope you enjoy this card.  I had a blast making it.  It truly was a labor of love today.  I wanted to make TSG proud with the generous gift I was given.  I hope all of you are having a great week, and stay CRAFTY!

Skunk: IG3, IG5
Birthday Packages: BT3, BT4, BT5 LG2, LG3, LG4

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Such a fabulous card! I love the DP. Thanks for joining us this week at There She Goes.