One Last Halloween Card

Hi there crafty peeps! This is my first post as part of the Really Reasonable Ribbon DT and I am so EXCITED! I know most of you are very much "over" Halloween at this point, but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so it brings a small tear to my eye every year when it is over. I just had to make one more card with a new stamp I picked up and some of the wonderful ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I water colored the stamp from Northwoods with my Tombow markers.  I matted it with black glitter cardstock and then orange cardstock embossed with fall leaves.  There is a little glitter on the pumpkins for some added sparkle.


 I used several ribbon layers for the bow on my card.  I used 1.5" Black Netting for the base layer.  I wrapped this around to the back and taped the ends in place.  I then layered Black Plaid Ribbon in the 5/8" size on top.  This was wrapped and taped in place as well.  I then created a double layer bow with the same ribbon and my Bow it All tool.  I hot glued this on top of the ribbon border.  I finished it with a black button tied with a bow of Orange Burlap string.


Here is a side view of the bow.  Aren't the layers fantastic?!


The  ribbons I used are so versatile.  They can be used for any card or or project, not just for a Halloween themed card.  They really add the perfect touch of elegance, and the Bow it All tool makes "show-stopper bows" every time I use it.  I hope you enjoyed my first project.  Have a wonderful crafty day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't know if it's just me but I can't see your photos on the RRR DT blog and only one here. I love the stamp you used and the black and white gingham ribbon is perfect. That's a fab bow too!