Folded project

Hi everyone!  It is time for a new challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.  Our sponsors for June are Worldwin Papers and Stencil Girls.  They both have generously donated a prize pack for one lucky winner.


Gloria is challenging us to create a project with a unique folding technique.

Challenge #9 Fold It
Use some sort of "fun fold" on your project. You can make a fun fold card, a pop-up card, an explosion box, or other type of project that makes use of folded cardstock or paper. You can share some folding techniques that are perfect for scrapbook layouts or mixed media pieces. Create a mini album with a folded binding. Fold some ribbon to make pleats. De-hoard those supplies and show us your folds....paper folds that is!

Here is the card I created for the challenge inspiration.


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a Tri-Fold card with Worldwin Cardstock.  The patterned paper panels were also cut with the Silhouette using the brand new Ahoy There collection from Carta Bella.  The stamped image is from CC Designs.  I colored her up along with the sea bottom base with my new Spectrum Noir Colored Pencils and Gamsol.  I added Ruby Red Perfect Pearls to her pearl headband and belt.  I added sparkle to her tail and bodice with Crystal Stickles.  The bubbled are finished off with Clear Wink of Stella followed by Glossy Accents.  I created the Sea background with Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock and Salty Ocean/Tumbled Glass Distress inks.  I water colored with them to create a washed background.  I then went back when it was dry and added water splashes to it.  The seaweed was cut with my Silhouette and Worldwin cardstock.  The back panel was stenciled with a Stencil Girl Stencil.  The sentiments are from Simon Says Stamp. 

I really like how it turned out, and I hope you do too.  Head on over to the blog to see all of the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT and join in the fun with your folded project!

11 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is soooo super cute and sparkly, Amber! The fold is really fun, too. Your coloring is wonderful!

Pammejo said...

Super cute, love those filigrees that you are using and your coloring is amazing...I love my Silhouette so always excited to see some of the images in use.

Debbie Seyer said...

I really love this fun card!

Glenda said...

Love the fun fold you chose and just look at all that sparkle! Love it!

creative lady said...

Amber, love your folded card! The little Mermaid is cute too. Just love every detail!

Maria said...

Love how you used the stencil to make a great background element to your beautiful card!

Maria
StencilGirl Products

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable. I love the design of this.

lost coast scrapper said...

This is SO cute, love your project for the challenge!! xo

Gloria Stengel said...

She is the cutest little mermaid ever! I love your fun fold card!

Linda on the Prairie said...

Excellent use of the folds - a very fresh look.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, what a cute card - love how she sits up all perky there with the seaweed swirling around. Great folding inspiration, thank you.
Alison x