Inspired by Tattoo Art at the Craft-Room

This fortnight at the Craft-Room, Zoe is Challenging us to create a project inspired by tattoo art with a hand drawn element.  I had a hard time with this challenge, so I went to Pinterest for some inspiration.  Out of all the hundreds of tattoos I browsed through, the ones that stood out to me were the beautiful floral Designs.  Our Sponsor for this Challenge is Tando Creative.


I used a new Stamp Set from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley called Peonies & Tulips.  I colored it with my Inktense pencils, water and a small round brush.  I wanted the colors to mimic the highly pigmented colors used in tattoo art.  The Inktense pencils were just the ticket.  They are highly pigmented pencils that mix with water, but are permanent when they dry.  The patterned paper is from Teresa Collins Stationary Noted.  The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The oval doily is a Silhouette cut file.  As a final touch, I created a faux stitched background with my 0.3 Copic Multi-liner.  I hope you enjoy my inspiration, and join in the fun with this great challenge!

4 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful. The flowers are gorgeous and the colouring is just perfect. I love this elegant classic card with its roots in tattoos. Thank you XOXO Zoe

Debi said...

Amber, your cards are always delish- and your colouring the best! - love these flowers and that bow!!! Debi xxx

Annie said...

A great card Amber....the roses are fabulous

TFS
Annie x

hazel said...

A beautiful card Amber, the flowers are gorgeous and beautifully coloured.
xxx Hazel.