Autumn Colors with Ribbons Challenge

Hi there Crafty Peeps!  It is time for another challenge over at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog.  Bonnie is challenging all of us to grab our ribbons and create something with an Autumn colors theme to it.


I wanted to create a card with an abundance of beautiful fall colors incorporated into it.  I cut down a piece of Canson Watercolor paper to 4 x 5.25 inches.  I wet the entire paper then colored it up with my Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  I just love how creamy and blendable these watercolors are.  After that dried I matted it onto a piece of Chocolate cardstock cut to 4.25 x 5.5 inches.  I took a few of the leaves from the LJD Fall Foliage stamp set by MFT and stamped them in Ranger Java Bean ink onto my watercolored panel.  I then stamped the sentiment from the same set with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  I took some 40lb velum and die cut the leaves from Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves Lawn Cuts die.  I colored them in fall colors with my Copic Markers.  I then glued them onto my panel.

I created my band and bow from Gingham Ribbon in Wine and Ivory Jute String available in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store.  The bow was created with the help of my awesome Bow-It-All tool.  I then added some Doodlebug sparkly enamel dots as an accent to both corners of my card.  Finally I adhered the entire panel to a top folding A2 size white card base.  I hope you enjoy my card, and it puts you in the mood for crisp fall days and warm apple cider.  Yum!  Head on over to the blog and link up your projects.  Have a wonderful crafty day!

1 comment:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Amber, this background is sooooo beautiful! you captured all the colors of fall! Just lovely!