Exciting New Venture

Hi there crafty peeps!  I am popping in today to share a card I have made and to announce a very exciting new chapter in my creative journey.  I have felt a pulling at my heart for a very long time to teach others about this wonderful hobby of papercrafting and the newest techniques out there.  I have also been asked from several friends to teach them about the different coloring medias available for stamping and how to use them.  I am at a good point in my life now to be able to do this, so I decided to jump in head first so to speak.  I have decided to join the Fun Stampers Journey team as a journey coach!  I met Richard Garay and a few of the wonderful team of Journey Coaches at my local Scrapbook Expo last month.  I immediately felt the fun positive energy of this team and knew this was the right path for me.

I had a chance to play around with a few of the amazing products that came in my starter kit and came up with this lovely little thank you card!


I started out by stamping 3 Cacti from the Stuck on You stamp set onto Canson watercolor paper with Black Licorice ink.  All of the inks are fusion hybrid inks, so they provide the clean crisp color of a pigment ink with the permanency and quick drying of a dye ink.   I then watercolored them with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  After they had dried, I cut them out with the coordinating dies.  
I then matted two pieces from the Journey Basics Pastels paper pack onto an A2 Oatmeal Cookie cardstock base.  I then cut out another piece of watercolor paper with a pierced rectangle Die.  I stamped a light background on this piece with the Ink Splat stamp in Banana Cream ink.  I then stamped the "thank you" sentiment from the same Stuck on You stamp set with Black Licorice ink.  I adhered this onto the card and wrapped Natural Twine around the bottom.  I then adhered my three Cacti onto the right side of the card popping up the front one with foam squares.  I added some sparkle with my clear Wink of Stella marker and some shine to the pots with Journey Glaze.  It is a mix between a glaze and a resin so it creates a very shiny smooth glass-like surface without bubbles.  Finally I added some sequins from my overly large stash just because I felt it needed a "little something" to tie the whole card together.

I really hope you have enjoyed my card and it interested you in checking out this great new company. I would love it if you would check out my website www.funstampersjourney.com/AmberMilone.  If you have any questions about the company or products don't hesitate to contact me.  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Christine Pennington said...

Welcome to FSJ... you will do wonderful. Your card is so beautifully done. I love every detail of it.