Enjoy Life

Hi Everyone,
Today I am sharing a card I made for the TSG168 Get Sentimental challenge.  I purchased this adorable stamp set called Enjoy Life from TSG's new August release.  I was so excited to be able to use it for this challenge, and a challenge it was.  I really wanted to include an image in the card, but didn't know how to still keep the sentiment as the focus.  Then last night when I was doing my usual tossing and turning in bed it hit me!  I knew exactly what I could do, and here it is....


The answer to my dilemma was vellum!  I stamped the cute little ice cream cone on white paper and then place the sentiment over it on vellum.  The ice cream cone is stamped using Green and Pink pigment ink from Studio G.  The dark pink scoop is stamped with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry (part of his summer seasonal inks).  The cone is stamped in Jenny Bowlin Brown Sugar.  The cardstock is from Coordinations.  The DP is "Six by Six-Dwell" by MME.  I machine stitched the papers.  The brads are from Michaels, and so is the magenta ribbon.  I just love how the polka dots on the ribbon coordinate with the paper.  The flower was made using the new Layered Rose Die-namics from MFT.  I placed a button in the center and tied a bow through it with Scrapper's Spools in Carnation by Karen Foster Design. 


This image above gives you a little better look at the vellum layering.  The sentiment was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink.  The ice cream scoops and cone were stamped in pieces.  I started with the smallest scoop and moved down, ending with the cone.  I masked off the previous layer each time so I could stamp over it with the next layer.  This created a wonderful stacked appearance.


I left the inside very simple with another stamped ice cream cone in the same colors.  Once again I machine stitched the inside.  There is blank space for writing a personal message.  I hope you enjoy this card.  I really have to say I am pleased with how it turned out.  Please leave any comments below.  I love hearing from all of you.  Have a wonderful weekend, and stay crafty!

No comments: