MFT Wednesday Stamp Club #75

Hi Everyone!  Wow it has been a crazy crazy week and weekend.  Our poor cat Felix was not feeling well at all, so we spent half the day yesterday at the Vet's Office.  He is starting to feel a little better now, but he is still not himself.  I am so excited to post this card because not only did I use my first MFT purchases, but this is my first image colored using my new Spectrum Noir markers.  I made this for this weeks Wednesday Stamp Club challenge from MFT.



Isn't she just adorable!  Like I said above this little cutie and the sentiments are from a stamp set called "Just For You Jolinne".  When I saw her on MFT's website I just new I had to have her.  She is stamped with Memento Black Tuxedo ink.  I colored her using my Spectrum Noir alcohol inks on Bazzil smooth cardstock.  This was the cardstock that was recommended to me by my local scrapbooking store.  Ehh.... it is alright, but I found it took several passes to get the colors to blend right.  Which was a problem because if I put too much ink down it would start bleeding.  I did just purchase some of the paper recommended for these markers on Crafter's Companions website.  I am looking forward to trying that paper when it arrives in the mail.  Overall, for my first alcohol ink coloring experience I don't think she turned out too bad.  I definitely am not a master at them, and hopefully with time I will get better.  I used the "Country Garden Collection" by Bo Bunny for this card.  The plain carstock is American Crafts.  The twine is The Twinery twine from The RibbonCarousel.  Lastly the flowers were made from MFT's "Mini Rolled Rose" die.  I just love this die and I can't wait to get the big version.


The inside was finished using the same materials.  Please leave comments at the bottom.  I would love to hear what you think of my first colorin experience.  I hope all of you like this card, and please continue to follow my blog for other exciting entries.

No comments: